What I’ve Learned After 20 Years of Photographing Fall Color

A triptych showing a rustic water mill by a stream, a porcupine perched in a tree, and a misty forest landscape at dawn.

After 20 years of photographing fall color, I'm sharing the lessons that have helped me plan better outings, find stronger compositions, and build a more varied portfolio. Growing up in the Northeastern U.S., autumn has always been one of the times of year that draws me outside with its explosion of color and fleeting window of opportunity. Over the years, though, I've learned that creating great autumn photographs isn't simply about being in the right place when the leaves reach their peak.

[Read More]


from PetaPixel

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Guy Pushes Photographer Into Pond, or: Why You Should Insure Your Gear

Photographer Builds His Own Tethering App to Solve Subscription Fatigue

How I Replaced the Shutter in My Canon 5D Mark II By Myself and Saved $400